Your body’s normal reaction to an injury or illness is what you call pain. It is a sign that something is not good. The feeling of hurting stops when you are healed, but for some people, the pain continues after its cause is gone. It is called chronic pain when it lasts for 3 to 6 months or more and affects your emotional and physical health.
Most experts don’t know the exact cause of chronic pain but it usually starts with a painful condition or injury such as:
- Arthritis and other joint problems
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Tedious stress injuries (when the same movement outs strain on a body part over and over again)
- Fibromyalgia (a type of chronic disorder that is characterized by muscle pain, stiffness, and tenderness throughout the body)
- Nerve damage
- Lyme disease
- Broken bones
- Acid reflux or ulcers
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Endometriosis (when tissue grows outside of the uterus)
The goal of the treatment is to lessen pain and improve the function so that the person can carry on with day-to-day activities. There are several options for the treatment of pain, but remember that whatever your treatment plan is, chronic pains usually cannot be cured but can be managed. A consultation with Myerlee Pharmacy is your most educational approach. The following treatments are among the most common ways to manage pain:
- Acupuncture, medications, nerve blocks electrical stimulation, and some treatments used for chronic pain-relaxation therapies and other behavior modifications can also be used to heal chronic pain. These methods can be powerful and effective for some people. Most people experiencing chronic pain find an additional relief in complementary or alternative medicine (CAM) approaches which include meditations, massage therapies, tai chi, and other similar treatments.
- Self-management of chronic pain holds great promise as a treatment approach-a patient becomes an active participant in the pain treatment when it comes to self-management programs: engaging in problem-solving, pacing, decision-making, and taking actions to manage their pain. Their approach helps them in thinking, feeling and doing better despite differences in self-management programs. Improved communication with their healthcare professionals like Myerlee Pharmacy is also part of the empowerment.
Here are a few things you can do to help prevent chronic pain:
- Don’t ignore acute pain.
- Practice a healthy lifestyle.
- Get enough sleep.
- Don’t expose yourself to too much stress levels.
- Keep strong social supports.
- Use proper headrest and seatbelts in motor vehicles.
- Avoid high-risk sports and strenuous activities.
- Ask Myerlee Pharmacy for a prevention health evaluation
To summarize it all, most of us do experience pain. It will always be a part of our life. We can’t cure it but we can surely avoid some. Stress is one of the leading causes of chronic pain. Chronic pain starts in having small body aches, and it can be widespread if you ignore simple or small symptoms. Remember that the saying “all great things come from small beginnings” also holds for pain.
No pain is the same! If you want your pain to be treated, Myerlee Pharmacy is the best pain management pharmacy in Fort Myers, Florida. We offer sterile and non-sterile compounded medications for all your health needs and issues, such as pain management. A compounding pharmacy in Fort Myers like Myerlee Pharmacy helps relieve your pain with the proper approach! Contact our Fort Myers office at 239-482-3022 or you may visit our website at https://www.myerleepharmacy.com. For more inquiries, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our location at 1826 Boy Scout Drive Fort Myers, FL. 33907.