An injectable compounded medication is a sterile drug to be administered into the body using a needle and syringe or an I.V. administration set and needle device. There are several routes of administration including:
Compounded Sterile Injections
- Intravenous (I.V.)
- Intramuscular (I.M.)
- Subcutaneous (S.C. or S.Q.)
Injectables must be sterile, have limited endotoxins and must meet labeled potency. Using an injectable medication that does not meet these specifications may lead to infections and other more severe complications.
To prevent this risk, Myerlee Pharmacy has highly-trained pharmacy staff, a specially designed facility with proper equipment, quality assurance program in place, and policies and procedures.
Myerlee Pharmacy has the Experience and Expertise in Compounding Sterile Injectables that you can trust
- Myerlee Pharmacy is the only pharmacy in Lee County Florida, that has a sterile licensed state-of-the-art facility and equipment to properly compound sterile Injectables.
- Our pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are trained in aseptic manipulations and are continually tested and certified to ensure they are competent.
- A minimum of two pharmacists check all steps in the compounding process for accuracy of calculations, weightings’, and to ensure that the correct ingredients are used and recorded.
- We test all Injectables for foreign matter, sterility, and endotoxins.
- We have a potency testing program in place to ensure the potency is accurate.